Monday, February 8

To work or not to work

Smaller house, less closets, and I have about 4 boxes left of odds and ends and I have absolutley no idea where to put it all. I will post pictures soon for someone reason my camera is not syncing with my computer all of a sudden... no idea why? Can a port go bad? I have tried all the usb ports and still nothing. So we are already heading into the second week of Feb of 2010, how is that possible, it is going to fast! It seems all my friends (high school friends) from back in the day and myself included just turned 40 and here we are turning 41, I still feel 17 what the heck? It has been nearly 10 years since I had a paying job and we are considering that as an option as the overtime for my husband has pretty much ceased and we are bringing home A LOT less than we are used too. We along with half the U.S. are in need of money and I have found creditors no matter how big or small the debt are just NOT wiling to work with you. Do I want to go back to work, I told my husband today If I had my choice that would be NEVER but....it is always an option. Not sure how it would work with my kids schedules, and the thought of going back to work actually makes me physically ill. Seriously, talking about it with my husband and the tears were just flowing. Not to mention although I have kept my nursing license current, I would seriously need a refresher, if they even have those. I mean I am sure its like riding a bike but 10 years is a long time and I am sure A LOT has changed in the healthcare field since I was last in the middle of it. Ohhh......what to do, what to do. Can't I just win the Lottery? I don't care if it's not millions, but something substantial would be nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do what you can to stay home. Believe me, I should have listened to you when I opened the store. They are only young once! Money issues will work out; creditors will work with you eventually. We just have to tighten the belt and live within our income. Your kids will appreciate you being home and working in their classroom. It is a full-time job and no one can do it like you!!!!
STACIE P

Beach Vintage said...

Hi Lisa, thanks for popping past Beach Vintage. Time does travel fast I know, its almost unbelievable sometimes how fast it does go.....in regards to your comment.....working on my blog is hard work and I have to dedicate a few hours per day to it. So I guess to be consistant you have to work at it! Have a great weekend.