Wednesday, March 4

A little self-indulgence

How often do you indulge yourself on something you want? I mean something frivolous and unnecessary? What do you love to pamper yourself with? Well, I very rarely indulge myself on anything for my personal self, well other than my monthly pedicure. Sure I buy scrap booking supplies, and a lipstick at walmart every now and then (which always disappear) but something really nice, not so much. I am a bath and body girl, love my bath products, my salts and scrubs, my gels and lotions and my candles. But, it has been a really long time since I got to really splurge on those items. We did not exchange gifts this year for Christmas with anyone, and Santa only came for the kids, (monetary reasons) so I did not get my usual yearly gift of these items. So today, after a couple of days of a really bad headache and just feeling crappy about myself in general I decided to hit downtown Napa for a little shopping spree while the kids were in school. Can we afford this, probably not, but you know sometimes you just need a "pick me up". So, today I splurged and self-indulged myself in a new perfume ( I don't own any others), a great new candle (amber and clove scent), a new mascara and face cream for mature skin LOL and a cute little vintage inspired coin purse so I may actually be able to find the change in my purse when I need it. I would have got a new purse had they had one I had liked. Probably better they didn't but....I did look! Could not find any "bath" products I had to have, so that will have to wait until the next time I really need a pick me up, or some extra funds. So what do you like to indulge on when you can? When was the last time you did? and are you due????

No comments: