Thursday, March 26

New projects, works in progress.

I have been working on some projects this past week, none of which were my own personal design, and are for my own personal use, but none the less I wanted to share, and you might learn a thing or two like I did. First we have this cute little Kaisercraft frame. I ordered this "kit" from the Jenni Bowlin site. Mine differs a little from hers as I decided to ink my edges and had some issures with my cateye chalk ink. You know sometimes those little buggers fall apart which left a nice ink shape in one of my corners! So I had to really ink it up and then to soften it I added the liquid pearls dot border. This kit used some of her products and vintage papers. Next another Jenni Bowlin website design however I did not buy this kit from the site, I scraplifted the idea (hers was sold out). In the works (I still need to add a quote to the top frame) I think its really cute and will hang in my kitchen. To hang it I tea dyed some muslin fabric to match but....It's not my favorite look. The item featured on her website has a rosary type chain to hang it and I think that would look much better. Just having a hard time finding one I like for cheap on ebay! LOL But I will keep looking. Again using all Jenni Bowlin products, this project was fast and easy! The one thing I learned from doing this kit was the flowers. Using long strips of paper, crinkling and sanding and then adhering to a chipboard circle by folding...love them! Next I did this "Dream" girl 12x2 canvas. This kit was designed by Michelle Van Etten and can also be purchased from her, by the way all her kits come with an instructional DVD. This project and the next one down (clock) are both her kits, I just love her stuff! Her site is http://www.trendyscrapper.typepad.com/ for some reason my link feature does not work, never has, so just copy and paste into your browser to get there. Anyways, this canvas uses the Prima Paintable papers and lots of glimmer mist. Michelle is a designer for both Prima and Tattered Angels so all her kits uses these products! I buy these kits for personal use but to also "learn" something new I can teach others in my own classes. I had never "painted" with glimmer mist before, alcohol inks yes, but not glimmer mist, so that was something new. The other "new" thing I learned was in using the self adhesive felt strips. She has you remove the adhesive back and then sprinkle the sticky side with glitter so it sticks, you then put glue on the non sticky side to adhere to your page. Now why did I never think of that? This project has lots of sparkle! She includes diamond glaze in your kit and what she did was outline the petals, leaves, veins etc with the diamond glaze and then sprinkle that with glitter. However I am not a fan of "loose" glitter, to messy! So, I used the diamond glaze in some areas and then outlined all the above with a bottle of my Ice stickles glitter glue, saved a step or two and NO mess! So, this project is done, it just needs that perfect picture which I need to find. And lastly is another Michelle kit, this family Kaisercraft clock. Just needs pictures (then I can finish attaching the clock hands). This clock uses paint covered with glimmer mist for a suttle shimmer.I think I followed this letter for letter however hers reads "my family" and I changed mine to read "our family" since I will hang in our home, in a family space. Again, learned something new, in the big flower near the bottom. By rolling the petals inward and then laying different sizes, adds dimension and a uniqueness to it (did I spell that right? LOL). I will definatley be rolling up some flowers in a future class, thanks Michelle!

No comments: