Friday, July 9

An Award for Moi, Why Thank You!


So I was informed I was tagged with this blog award by Blonde Steel Magnolia so hop on over there and check out her blog and Thanks so much for thinking of me!!

The rules:
*Thank the person who gave you the award.
*Tell seven things about myself you might not know.
*Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs.
*Let your nominees know about the award

So here are seven things about me....I am really gonna have to think about this one!

1. In high school I never went to a formal dance, no proms, no turnabouts, not a one. (my husband says he will take me to one if I really want to go, can you imagine a 40+ year old in a formal at a prom!!)

2.  In high school my plan was to go to art school after graduation, so how did I end up in Nursing School?

3..  I went to beauty school to become a manicurist oh nearly 20 years ago and finished but never took the state boards, all that dust and acrylic smells gave me headaches!

4.   I have 3 tattoo's.  Purple pansies and a small butterfly on my left ankle, 2 butterfly's (a large one and a tiny one) on the top of my right foot and the Leo Zodiac symbol on my hip.  The one on my foot I got with my younger brother (siblings bonding with pain) and the one on my hip I got with my dad (he got one too!) when were in Cabo several years ago.

5.  My husband and I went to the same high school (he a year ahead of me), we grew up 2 streets away from each other, we both worked at the same resort in the early 90's and he dated a friend of mine briefly.  I knew "who" he was and vice versa but we never would have dated.  Well...15 years later we changed our tunes when we actually "met" and have been together ever since.

6.  I have had over 20+ jobs in my life, probably closer to 30!  I have done it all...Mervyns, Telemarketer for Olan Mills, Drug Store Clerk, Kmart, Pizza Place Hostess, Frozen Yogurt Store, Weight Loss Clinic, Home Health Aide, Hotel Front Desk, Bartender, Busser at Restaurant, Movie Theater, Dental Office Housekeeper, Nursing Home Aid at like 6 places I think, Charge Nurse in Nursing Home (3 places), Postpartum and Nursery Nurse, OR tech in Labor and Delivery, Medicare Chart Reviewer and that's all I can think of at the moment.  And oh....I was only "fired" from 2 of them way back in my youth.  :)

7.  Lastly....I "love" soap opera's, yup daytime drama.  It is true, I do.  Tivo them and watch them at night after everyone has gone to bed, when it is "my time".

Now for my Nominee's


6 comments:

Shabbyfufu said...

Hi Lisa, thank you sweetie for the award! I have to say that I can really relate to how many jobs you have had over the years, same here and in my young days usually two jobs at the same time! I look forward to visiting you again soon.....

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Thank you SO much Lisa!! You've made my weekend and I truly appreciate your kind words.

Congratulations on your recognition as well!! I enjoy reading your posts as well!!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Lisa, thank you for visiting. I can't believe you won a giveawy that they didn't giveaway!! OMG! thats terrible! Now don't let the kids drink your latest win..ha!

Carol

Enfys said...

Thsnk you so much for thinking of me LIsa, sweet of you
hugs
Enfys x

Michelle said...

I went to beauty school for manicuring in 1990, when did you go? I was about a year ahead of Stacey.

I-got-the-notion said...

Congratulations Lisa and thank you. It is very nice of you to remember me! I have never won an award before, so thanks for a first!!