Monday, July 5

CVS Shopping Adventure 7/5

So tonight after the kids settled and hubby was home I set out to CVS by myself.  My list in hand and my coupons in order, this couponing is becoming a challenge I am going to win!  Sure I may hold up the line as I figure out what goes where and the checker figures out what coupon goes with what but you know but I really don't feel all that bad about it really LOL!  So tonight this is what I came home with...



The Dove Conditioner was on sale 2/6.00 and I had a 1.25 off coupon
The Dawn Dish soap was on sale for .99 (these mid-size ones are great for the camping trailor)
The Starbucks drinks were on sale for 4.99 a pack and I had a 1.00 off coupon
The popcorn was on sale for 1.00 (we are going to our FREE Regal Theater Movie tomorrow so I needed my popcorn to bring along in my purse).
this was one transaction and I also used a .50 CVS buck, a 3.00 one, a 5.00 one and a 2.00 one

Second transaction:
The candy I will put away for those times when you have a sweet tooth, we don't usually buy candy but they were on sale for 2/1.00 and when you bought 10.00 worth you got a 3.00 CVS buck (see above, note I had already bought some earlier so you are only seeing 5.00 worth).
The cereal was on sale on sale 3/10.00 and you got a 5.00 CVS buck (see above)
The Sobe drinks are regulary 1.59 each on sale for buy one get one free. I had 4 buy one get one free coupons which means I got all 8 of them for FREE. (they apply the free one on the coupon to the one you would have to pay for on the BOGO sale).  This little trick I learned online while checking out couponing blogs.

I did this in 2 transactions so that I could use the CVS bucks I was earning in the first transaction on the second one, that I had to figure out quickly at the register on what to put in what transaction to save me the most.

So the price would have been $50.83
after all my coupons and CVS bucks and sale prices I paid a total of $12.43
a savings of $38.43
Imagine the cost if I had bought everything at regular price with no coupons!!

and....I earned 2% back in CVS bucks to be awarded to me in October.

3 comments:

roseylittlethings said...

did you know that cinedome has 1$ movies at 930am on tues and wed. girsl just went and saw night at the museum 2 today.

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

You Go Girl!!

Good Job!!

Blonde Steel Magnolia said...

I need to do this. I always get lazy about CVS and coupons, but I know people who have gotten free patio sets by playing the CVS game!

P.S. I gave you an award on my blog. Please come visit when you get the chance!