Thursday, July 9

Design Team Call

I recently went on a buying spree of monthly scrap kits and a few of my purchases were from this place: www.serendipityscrapbooks.com. So, a few days ago I was checking out there site and noticed they were having a design team call for there site. Now my husband is always telling me to do something, the new owner of the LSS was just telling me last week I need to get on a DT, so why not try right? So the last few days I have been working hard getting the projects done that is required. 5 projects in total, one of which I already had done, a Bio/Resume and a Q&A form. So I went for it and applied today....want to see what I submitted: You had to do one altered item , one card or tag, one layout using 3 pictures and hand cut work, one layout using hand cut work and use of embellishments, and one page about you. Just a Note Card Product used: Bazzill bling cardstock, Basic Grey lace die cut paper, Basic Grey chipboard bird and tag, various ribbon, Prima flower, Glimmer mist in Wheatfield and Bubblegum. Edges distressed with Heidi Swapp distress tool. Hard to see in picture but front of card sprayed with Glimmer mist in Wheatfield and edges distressed and then dragged in Bubblegum Glimmer mist to create pink glimmer edges. Simple, soft, and vintage inspired. Family Layout Product used: Webster’s pages cherry line, Webster’s pages journaling spot (under picture) Jenni Bowlin Crepe Paper ribbon in red, Jenni Bowlin milk buttons, Jenni Bowlin ticket and packaging, red eyelets, Glimmer mist in Coffee shop and Diamond Glaze. Woman, flowers, cherries, labels, brown scallop trim and quote hand cut from patterned paper. Layered and pop dotted to page. 2 large red flowers are the red crepe paper ribbon adhered to chipboard circle to create flower, edges sprayed with Glimmer mist in coffee shop, topped with milk button and string. All white flowers and cherries have Diamond Glaze on them (cannot see in picture). I printed the picture on White Bazzill cardstock so I could really distress the edges. Red and cream lined paper chipboard layered under picture and ticket is the packaging from the milk buttons, crumbled and distressed. Machine stitched in brown. Lisa Layout Product used: Serendipity July kit, Glimmer mist in Meadow Green and Bubblegum, Prima chipboard letters, Bazzill Swiss dot cardstock in black, Uniball Signo pen in white, Kaisercraft bling in green and pink. Patterned papers layered, transparency cut and applied to left hand side. All green flowers, green photo mats, animal print background paper and torn paper under lace have been Glimmer misted with Meadow Green. Edges of photo and butterfly Glimmer misted with Bubblegum. Smaller butterflies and center of flowers are the rub ons from kit, applied to thin clear plastic then cut out and applied to page, butterflies are raised with 3D glue dot. Hard to see but black lace has both green and pink bling inside each flower design in lace. Entire layout and photo mats machine stitched with silver thread. Journaling reads: I am a wife and mother of two. Carson is 6 yrs and my baby Ella is 4 yrs. I have spent most of my life in the Beautiful Napa Valley in Northern Ca. I am funny and creative and my life revolves around my family. I love coffee, flip flops, and soap operas. I am an internet junkie, I Facebook and I blog. I am Lisa, and I am happy! Bike a Thon Layout Product used: Cosmo Cricket Early Bird line patterned papers and die cut chipboard pieces. Diamond Glaze and American Craft red felt letters, Bazzill cardstock, unknown leaf stickpins and unknown ribbon. Flowers, scalloped trim and the many leaves were hand cut from patterned paper. Bike hand cut and pieced together. Bike spokes, flower centers in tire and frame and handlebars have Diamond Glaze applied to them as well as all centers of the flowers and the berries throughout the page. Hand cut flowers and leaves stacked onto chipboard die cut pieces and leaves attached to ribbon running up from bottom of page. Leaf stickpins placed in flower arrangement and layout machine stitched in brown thread. Journaling reads: Ella has been waiting for “her” day to ride in the preschool bike/trike a thon for the last 3 years. She was too little when her big brother attended, so she was ecstatic that this was “her” year. While most still had training wheels, our Ella did not. She was fast confident and she out rode all her classmates…and she knew it! My Family Tree Mini Album I designed this album for a class I taught at the LSS...the class focused on different mediums ie: ink, embossing, paint, paper, glimmermist, glossy accents etc... Product used: Maya Rd mini album, Graphic 45 patterned papers, word stamps, Bazzill cardstock, Glimmer mist in Olive and Coffee Shop, Tim Holtz Distress Embossing powder and Ranger crackle paint, various ribbons, paper flowers and brads. Leaf punch, Colorbox chalk inks, Kaisercraft acrylic paint, manila tags, Sakura glaze pen in black, Uniball Signo pen in white, Cuttlebug tree branch embossing folder, staples. Techniques used in this album include the following: Front cover tree trunk with distress paint, patterned paper sprayed with Glimmermist. Some of the pages have been painted, inked, or covered with photos in its entirety. Distress embossing powder used for another trunk in the tree on one page, another page inked with chalk inks in green and brown. Several pages covered with patterned paper, a few pages completely glimmer misted, and yet another page painted and then diamond glaze and paint mixed together and dabbed on with a sponge brush creating foaming like shiny spots which dried this way (looks cool). Embellishments, buttons, flowers, tags, etc have been stapled on, glued on or pop dotted on. Back cover pattern was created by using cat eye chalk ink and just stamping it on creating a leaf like pattern. So....the call runs till the 27th I believe and I will be on vacation at that time. Please cross your fingers and wish me luck...thanks!!

1 comment:

{april kennedy} said...

Lisa, those are all amazing. Good Luck!!!