Sunday, September 12

Just a small vent....

grrrrr................

So yesterday I registered for my annual scrapbook getaway weekend to a local convention here in California.  I go once annually.

Now hubby and I have not "fought" about it but I am detecting a "little" attitude....

I mention it and he says "oh, I cannot go hunting but you can go scrapbooking"?
(can we even compare the cost?  Not even close!)

This year because finances are tight I have canceled all my scrapbook subscriptions to any and all kit clubs and the only "craft" items I have been buying is "glue".  Using what I have, and it's so hard to resist all the new products, but...I have been SOOOOOO good!

Next he says "how are you going to pay for it"? 

 grrrrrr.................

This morning he calls and asks what weekend it is, when I tell him he ask what days of the week and then he hangs up.  

 grrrrrr...............

Can I mention I got our room for 2 nights (split by my girlfriend and I) at the Sheraton Grand for only $45 a night by using some points I had.  Regular rate is $120 a night!!

Yea for me and watching our finances.

So I got to thinking and now am bugged a bit.

How many Giants baseball games has he gone to this year (yes we got free tickets but gas, food, parking), a concert and how many golf games has he played this "year" while I was at home doing nothing? 

 grrrrrr....................

And I accomdated him.

I budgeted for it.

I may have given him a little tude, I admit.  But...it seems it is always something, when always I do NOTHING.

Grrrrr..................

just needed to vent!

3 comments:

Crows, Suds & Cinnamon said...

Boy did this comment ring true! Being the only female in the house...hubby and 3 young adult sons, I am always out numbered when they get to do what they want versus me. I'm not a sports fan and being in So. Cal that is hard. The Angels, Dodgers, USC football, you get the picture. I wait patiently each summer for my trip to Disneyland or where ever (this year was Sea World)and Mother's Day I get Knott's Berry Farm. The rest of the time it's always for them, there choice dnd they always choose sports. Finances are not an issue, thankfully, so I "get even" by going internet shopping! I don't go crazy and spend like a mad man but I do it because I get what I want, they get what they want. I would show your hubby what you wrote on your blog, pack for your trip and enjoy yourself. You deserve it!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Oh my friend I totally understand. I think it is harder for hubbys. When my sweetie gets like that I show him the numbers.

Gretchen said...

You go girl! You DESERVE and NEED a break to feed your spirit so you can keep being the awesome wife nad mom that you are!