Monday, January 3

Vintage Paper Wreath

I finished a project this morning I started a month or so ago, a wreath made from vintage music paper and and old vintage Tom Sawyer book.  I have seen several of these online and I really liked them and having everything I needed already for the project I really wanted to make one.  I made the wreath part at a girl's weekend I went on (crafting weekend) a month or so ago however still needed to finish out the center. Which I did this morning with a cream colored lace backed with a green ruffled ribbon and topped of with a couple of vintage buttons The wreath is actually quite large measuring approx 16" across on all sides. This project is not my husbands favorite, he in facts hates it.  But...I hate the huge fish hanging in our house so all is fair, correct? 

5 comments:

{april kennedy} said...

hahaha! love the part about the fish. it turned out great. love the center!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

You made me LOL, your right, I would much rather have your wreath than a big old fish!! Thank you for entering my mosaic shoe giveaway!

Carol

Couture Carrie said...

So creative and gorgeous!

xoxox,
CC

April said...

Hi! Thanks for the follow! I am following you back. Have a sweet day!

http://www.AMommysSweetBlogDesign.com

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Lisa, thanks for dropping by, When I finished my fabric closet, I thought the same thing, it looked like a fabric store. I was wondering at what point I lost my mind and bought so many fabrics LOL!
Carol