Sunday, January 2

Today I hung...

another of my "free cycle" finds.  If your not familiar with Free cycle check out an old post of mine here which better explains it.  I got this one last week, and finally today cleaned it all up.  My "free find" included not only all the plates but the shelf as well and the "previous" owner had hot glued all the plates on the shelf so there was lots of glue to scrape off .  The plates are a little over 3" in diameter and are Franklin Fine Porcelain "Songbirds of the World" Signature Edition 1981.  I had thought about painting the shelf and "shabbying" it up but after it was hung I rather like the darker color, which is funny because that is so not my taste. 



1 comment:

Megan A. said...

thanks for the wonderful comment on my nutcracker page! I love freecycle too! Right now I am doing more getting rid of stuff and I just love it that people come and take it away sometimes the same day! But I have gotten some great stuff from there in the past.