Wednesday, December 10

The last 6 weeks....

So this past weekend I was on an all girls scrapbook retreat in Bodega Bay. There were 7 of us total and yes it was a blast as usual, however one of my girlfriends April is a "habitual blogger", even brought her laptop so she could blog everyday and it made me feel really guilty that I am not so consistant. I truly believe because of where we live and the fact it takes "FOREVER", to upload pictures that is one of the reasons. So, with that I vow to be better and try and update more often. Since it has been awhile I have lots to tell. Gosh, where to begin, lets backtrack and start around Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving was at our house this year for the first time, it was a small crowd which was perfect since our house is not huge! I was able to use my china which Matt swears was the first time since we have been married but I know we have used before... The china was passed to me by my mother, whom received it on her 1st wedding anniversary from my dad when he was over in Vietnam. When she gave it to me about 10 years ago it was missing a lot of pieces so I did what anyone would do and hit Ebay! I was able to replace everything and then some giving me a 16 piece place setting. Then we had that earthquake a few years back, like literally months after me replacing the pieces and I lost a ton of it so I had to start all over. Anyways to make a long story short, we used it this year! LOL


The Table



The Turkey (Glazed with Honey, Molassses, Bourbon and Pecans)


Fancy Fresh Green Beans, these were sooooooooooooooo good!!!
My Dad being his usual goofy self.




My Mother on the left and my mother in law on the right cleaning my kitchen after dinner,

My mother in law gave us the week before a wood chest full of silver place settings that was given to her on her wedding to Matts dad so I polished that up and used that as well. I hit the web and got some great recipes at the Paula Dean website and we had a great meal, poor Matt had to work so we ate really early but his mother was here for a few days and got to spend some quality time with him and the kids which does not happen all that often.


Both Carson and Ella had Thankgiving events at school. Carson's class recited a couple of cute poems at there Harvest Feast and Ella had a party at school where they were permitted to dress the part.


Carson at his school program.


Ella on the left and her friend Savanna.



OK moving on to December. The night before I left for my weekend away we decided to do the tree up since I would be gone. So at 8pm Thursday evening we all decorated the tree, see it looks so pretty!

Fast forward to friday morning 6am just 10 hours later, and see how pretty.......NOT!



It seems "we think" Ella woke up before everyone and wanted to turn the lights on. We were woke with her at our bedside telling me "mommy, the tree fell down". OH, my kids, why does this not surprise me...cause they have done it before in the past! Cute Carson quickly claimed "I did not do it Mommy, I was still sleeping"!!!!!! which he was.....

2 comments:

roseylittlethings said...

It is about time! I;m sure you have heard, but I am prego again!

{april kennedy} said...

The 'habitual blogger' HAD to leave a comment here too! Your thanksgiving turkey looks scrumdelish!