Sunday, June 13

Patio Goodness...

Tonight we got  home from yet another graduation party, can I mention here I "hate" the heat!!  95 degrees is just to hot, especially when you do not have air conditioning, Ok, so back to my story.  Melting in my home I decided to kick off my shoes and check my email, to which I found something being offered on Freecycle again that I wanted (see post below for explanation of Freecycle).  Items such as these, well, I am never the first to respond, but to my delight I was and when It cooled down this evening I went and picked it up.  A white iron patio set, table and 4 chairs in all its chippy goodness...


It needs a good washing or hose down but...I love it.   Two of the chairs have this lovely rose pattern on the back and also on the arms and the other two chairs have a vine pattern on the back.


The set is pretty chippy, and although it would only take a few cans of white spray paint to spruce it up, I am thinking for now it will remain as is. 


Best part...it was FREE!!!

Don't you just LOVE free??

4 comments:

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

You so lucked out with this one - I see that set on Craigslist in my area all the time and it's usually attached to a pretty hefty price tag. Good Job!!

Lisa Clark said...

Wow - a definate find! I have been on Freecycle before, but have yet to find anything good around here!

Deb said...

Hi Lisa, I just love your chippy white patio set...lucky girl! I would so love some of your heat right now, it's been cold and rainy here lately...please share! Deb

Michelle F said...

Loooove the patio set, it will look beautiful when finished. A few placemats and flowers and you could be in Cottage Style magazine. Yeah for VINTAGE stuff.