Monday, June 21

Vintage Inspired Baby Album

I promised a good friend and former room-mate that I would do her baby's first year album.  Well, her daughter just celebrated her 3rd birthday a few weeks ago so I was bound and determined to get this done before she entered college.  In my defense...I did just receive the pictures from her in the last few months so I am not too far behind.  My kids are gone visiting my parents and have been for nearly a week so I thought this to be the perfect opportunity to roll up my sleeves, break out the supplies and get to cracking. 

I used a 8"x8 " format so the pages are rather simple as you just cannot fit all that much on each page, not to mention I need to be able to have the album close...to many items, to many pages and it just won't close right.  All the papers and most of the embellishments are made by Melissa Frances.  I just love the vintage inspired lines she carries, and this baby line was perfect for my needs.  Papers, little tags with places for mommy to fill in the important information, cute little 3-D stickers with some bling, I am loving this line and it it working out perfect for a themed album.

Here are a few of my favorite pages so far but first I wanted to show you what my work space looked like after 2 days of scrapping! I hate when I let it get this messy while working as I spend half my time looking for things than I do actually creating. It is now clean and reorganized, even my husband walked by and one point and said "whoa...you have yourself one mess there babe!"  This is why I cannot do this when my kids are around...










I did not take a picture due to privacy issues but I have found making these smaller albums that the "collage" prints you can have made are ideal for placing many many pictures on one layout.  I was able to create a collage of her "labor and birth" in a 5"x7" format and used 7 pictures on one 8"x8" page and there was also enough room to journal about the event as well. 

3 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Looks great, so far. Love your embellishments. So pretty!!! Keep up the good work. Love & blessings from NC!

Michelle F said...

Beautiful job, I love the 8X8 albums. I finally scrapped my wedding album in an 8x8 this year. I still have Ryan's album to do and he's 13. So much to scrap so little time. You are a gifted crafter.

Gretchen said...

I am SO GLAD to see that I am not the only one whos space looks like that after working for a while!

Praying for scrap time this summer... missing it so much!