Sunday, November 21

Vintage Inspired Wood Spool Snowflakes

I got the idea for these from here: Danielle Flanders, and loved them!  She had some kits for sale that included the supplies and instructions for two of them.  Once I had completed those two I was hooked and ran to Michael's to pick up more supplies.  I hot glued all day, making each one different cause as you know no two snowflakes are the same.  I glue and painted and inked and made flowers, distressed edges and more. My kitchen table was a disaster with bits of ribbons and mica flakes all over the place.  But it paid off and these turned out beautiful if I do say so myself.  Let me just add that most of the items used are by the maker Melissa Frances here is her blog. I love her product lines and the blog is amazing as it is full of great ideas for projects, full of such inspiration.  Most of the papers and images are from her lines.  As well as the resin pieces and the mica flakes I used for snow.  Other items used were K&Co Yuletide papers, Ranger glitter glue and lots of ribbons by Maya Rd. 

Let me just add that pictures do not do these justice, I cannot figure out how some of you blogger's take such amazing close up shots.  I have a great camera, a Canon Rebel xti and I use the close up feature and my pictures are still just ho-hum.

I will be selling these, we all could use some extra in this economy and prices will be listed below each item.  If you are not local, shipping will be $5.00 in addition to the price of the item.  For larger image click on picture and if your interested in purchasing just leave me a comment telling me which one/ones and I will contact you.

Snowflake #1: Measure about 9" in diameter, features greens an blue tones.  Vintage Santa Image in Center.  $22

Snowflake #2  Measure about 12" in diameter, shades of reds and creams and white.  Vintage image of children in front of fire at Christmas  $24

Snowflake #3 measures about 9" in diameter, shades of reds and greens in paper.  Vintage image of young lady.  $22

Snowflake #4 One of my favorites!  Shades of green and reds in pattern paper, handmade flowers with cute little bells on each arm. Vintage Santa Image.  $24  Measure about 12" in diameter.

Sweet Little Banner.  Each banner piece measures about 3" wide at widest point to about 4" in length.  $14

Sweet little holiday magnets.  Measure 3"  $8 each
Snowflake #5  shades of red and green accent this cute hanging piece.  Vintage inspired image of children at Christmas.  Measures about 12" in diameter.  $24

Snowflake #6  Shades of silver and a hint of blue, another favorite of mine.  Measures about 12" in diameter, $24

2 comments:

Danielle said...

These are gorgeous, Lisa! wow! I'm glad you had so much fun making them!
hugs,
Danielle

Megan A. said...

beautiful! love the snowflakes!