Monday, April 25

Customized Lamps

I had been on a search for bedside table lamps for the Master bedroom and was not finding what I wanted in the budget I had in mind.  So what does one do when a dilemma such as this arises...one makes what one wants!  I found the lamps and shades at a local fabric store of all places, on sale.  This is what the lamp looked like before I got crafty.

Some off white satin spray paint took care of the base so now I set to revamping the shade into what I had envisioned in my mind.  I started by adding trim to the bottom, hot gluing to the inside bottom.  The trim cost more than one of the lamps, but I loved it!  It is hanging rings made from shells and with a little beading.  I love the beachy look and the shell's color tones look amazing with the color of the shade.
Next I made some rosette flowers from the leftover vintage linen I had from the post below and raided my scrapbooking ribbon to wrap around the top of the shade.  I don't have a picture of this step but this is the finished product.


2 comments:

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

How very very elegant!! Love how you remade this!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Gretchen said...

So pretty!