Monday, April 25

Gramma's Vintage Buttons

While unpacking I came across this shadowbox I had made when I was 24 or 25 years old.  My grandmother had recently passed away and one of the items I had acquired from her estate was a big box of buttons.  I recall my mother going through the box of them with me and telling me that this button was on a coat of hers, or came off a certain dress once worn by her. I decided to hang it, it my bedroom.  It is not the most creative piece or the most visually appealing (I am pretty sure it is not my husbands favorite piece) but it has meaning, it reminds of my grandmother.  If only these buttons could talk.  Imagine all the places they have been and seen...makes me wonder.  Is that silly?

2 comments:

Jo said...

No that isn't silly to me Years ago I saw a play called the Dining Rm. It was abt a dining rm in one house over the decades and the families that lived there. It has always been on my mind. To the pt when I saw the saying if these old walls could talk I knew I had to have it in my foyer

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

What a precious reminder of your sweet grandmother!! Bet she is smiling down on you!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents