Monday, April 25

Vintage Linen TV Stand Skirt

It has been so so long since I have updated, yes I have been super lazy when it comes to blogging.  Home with a sick kid today It gave me a chance.  It is raining and we are cooped up inside.  So...my first post of many today will highlight the skirt I made for our TV entertainment center.  Moving into a much much larger house about 6 weeks ago we again got to use our large entertainment center.  Purchased many years ago when we had a box projection large screen TV we had not been able to use it in the last year or so as our previous home was just to small for it.  Having upgraded to a flat screen I was not sure how we use the TV in the center. 

 My parents gave us a bakers rack, it was nice, dark wood.  I took it apart and painted and distressed it, the flat screen fits very nice on my new creation.  However the bottom was open and wanting to hide the items I would put underneath I decided to make a skirt for the bottom, similar to a sink skirt.  I purchased some vintage Belgium linen from Etsy, it went very well with the ivory shade of the furniture.  I used drapery shirring to create the ruffles and Velcro to attach to the bottom of the stand.  Hot gluing the Velcro to the metal was a tricky little deal, the glue kept peeling off, but...I made it work.  The bakers rack fits very nicely in between the entertainment center and I adore how the skirt turned out. 




1 comment:

Gretchen said...

That is very cute!! I keep thinking about upgrading our TV, but am heartbroken it won't fit in our entertainment center (the ONLY nice piece of furniture I have ever bought for myself brand new!) I will have to remember your solution :0)