Thursday, October 2

The "bug" has hit !

The stomach bug or whatever nasty bug is going around, well, it it has hit our home full force. I am in a bodily fluid nightmare! Poor Carson has not been able to keep anything down since 2am, yes it was all night! Matt had it a few days ago and my stomach is not feeling quite right, Ella and I are just waiting............

Thank goodness Carson has learned (through his years of dealing with gastric reflux and a slow motility system) to make it to the toilet, Oh, it brings back flashes of the days when he did this daily, poor thing. He missed his first day of school today and it totally bummed as tomorrow is his 6th birthday and his first birthday in a big kid school and he is going to miss it.

What a bad mommy I am too, you would think having 2 little kids and a nursing background and license I would have a darn themometer in this house! Well, we do now, but only as of a few hours.....bad mommy, bad mommy. I know this is a horrible thing to say, and I do feel horrible my baby boy is not feeling well, but I have not had to tell him to leave his sister alone today, have not had to yell at him to settle down or to stop running or screaming, the lethargy is kinda nice for a change! (I know bad mommy, bad mommy!)

So....crossing our fingers it bypasses Ella and the extent of what I get is the sour and crampy tummy I have now, although there is a bright side I suppose to getting the stomach bug, I know I would lose a pound or two! LOL Keep taking your vitamins and practice good handwashing, it is going around and it is a miserable nasty bug so be healthy.........

4 comments:

{april kennedy} said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. Let's try to hook-up this week...I still have your winnings!

traybay88 said...

i hope your little guy feels better soon.

Joy said...

I think I can fix your buttons for you ... when you feel better email me.. I fix one for you to test. I found your blog from another one I was looking at.

joygross@gmail.com

Joy

{april kennedy} said...

OK...the bug has got to be over by now...I hope! We really need to hook up...I still have your sweet scented soaps. Call me, when you are going to be hanging out in town...maybe you can swing by the house!