Tuesday, June 23

A special gift for a friend

My kids have been visiting with my parents for the last week and it has been so quiet, I loved it! My house has been clean for a week too, that is a record. However, Tuesday was the day I went to pick them up. My parents living 2 1/2 hours away I had quite the drive today, listening to music, rocking out. LoL So anyways, pull into the town near them and remembered my mom was wanting a couple of those stepping stone kits. We usually make them every year with the kids feet prints in them but missed the last year. So I called her and asked if she wanted me to run by Michaels since I was in the area and pick a couple up. So I get the kits and am browsing each isle of the craft store of course, relishing the last shopping event by myself for awhile and I come across this book, I saw it and knew I had to get it. You see my friend April (Funky Vintage Kitchen) makes the cutest aprons and sells them on Etsy, craft fairs etc... I hope she does not already have this book and if she does not I hope she loves it...this book has the cutest ever aprons in it! I love coming across items that immmediately make me think of someone I know and knowing it would put a smile on there face. Don't you just love giving or receiving a gift for no apparent reason because someone was thinking of you...I know I do!

1 comment:

{april kennedy} said...

I do! I do! I have now been on the receiving end twice from you...first the owl and now the apron book. And it is the best. And no, I did not have it yet! I love the book. I have looked over it several times already drooling while new creations are floating around in my head from the inspiration in the book. My friend, thank you, and I love that I call you a friend.

p.s. I'm still smiling....just looking at that gorgeous cover makes me smile!