Sunday, May 8

Is there really such a thing as "Mother's Day"?


I know everyday is Mother's day as we are all blessed to be a mother. I am talking about a day of no whining, no fighting, a day where you don't hear MOMMMMM a hundred times, a day where one of your kids does not argue with you about something, you don't have to wash a dish, or clean up a thing.  If there is, it is not in this house and not this morning!  My husband is working and the kids are fighting, yup...another day in paradise!  Looking at the bright side... I did wake up to two handmade cards from my kids Carson and Ella, projects they made at school on handmade paper they made themselves...yes they are most definitely frame worthy.

This morning Carson my son in that tone that makes your neck cringe says to me "MOOOOOOMMMMMMM make me breakfast~!" to which my reply was "ummmm....is it not Mother's Day?  I think you need to make ME breakfast!"  So both kids ran into the kitchen and after some fighting and complaining I was presented with coffee with creamer and toast with butter.  Actually my favorite breakfast, and made by two of my favorite people!

We then proceeded to load up into the car and drive off to a local antique/consignment store.  They were closed but they had a big parking lot sale yesterday and had a pile of leftovers for FREE so the kids and I rummaged through what little was left.  I am sure my husband will just love more old crap in this house and I will hear "just because it was free didn't mean you had to bring it home".  I think my love of other people's junk is rubbing off on my kids, they were so excited going through it all.

We then came home and the 3 of us walked around the front and back yard and we as a team, made Mommy (me) a Mother's day bouquet clipping many of the varieties of flowers we have outside.  We then put them in a pitcher we had just picked up for FREE earlier in the morning (above picture).  It is only 10:15 am at the moment so not sure what the rest of the day will bring. I am sure more of the usual but...I am still so lucky to have them!
 XOXO

So...for those of you who are Mother's have a VERY Happy Day.  Whether it is doing something grand, or just "another day" in life of Mom!

3 comments:

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Hi Lisa,
What a great morning you had with your kids!! And that "free" pitcher is fantastic!
So glad you found my blog so I could find yours, it's just lovely!
Hope you had a beautiful Mother's Day.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Vintage Home said...

Congratulations on the win !

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Hi Lisa,
Just wanted to let you know that you won my giveaway. Send me an e-mail with your info and I'll get it out to you right away!
Have a great night.
Sincerely,
Melinda