Saturday, July 12

A picture will last longer.

You know that saying, "take a picture, it will last longer", well it is so true and that is why I took these pictures. I cleaned up my scrap room today, well for the most part and while It was clean I decided to take a few photos because I know a week from now you would have never have known it looked like this! Why is it, I just cannot keep this space clean, uncluttered, and tidy. It drives me insane.

With our house being on the market I have craft supplies hidden in every nook and cranny I can find, our master bedroom closet, the amoire in the dining room, one of the kitchen cabinets and some in storage across town. You should see what is "under the table" in these pictures! One of the reasons for the tablecloth, so I can hide more. I know a lot of people when the house is on the market, store it all away...but I have to live here, for how long I have no idea so I am going to keep out in the open what I use. It may look a bit cluttered and most likely the room would look better to some realtors if it were emptied, but even our realtor has commented how cute it looked and gives the lookers the idea of what the room could be used for (its a "retreat" room off the master with only access to it from the masterbedroom), so with that what you see of it is staying.

The other side of the room has our monsterous computer desk and hutch (which both Matt and I hate!), a cute little shabby white table that holds my Cricut Expression and supplies and across the room near the double door entry is 2 iris carts full of 12x12 storage containers and on each one is a large cropper hopper paper carrier, the ones with the files for paper storage (and each one full weighs about a hundred pounds!).

I love my space for now, I wish it was like the rooms you see in the magazines, long countertops, tons of cabinets and shelving, a center island or something. But for now this works and its my little "get away".



2 comments:

tomiannie said...

Your space looks great! I totally know what you mean about the impossibility of keeping your space clean...

roseylittlethings said...

Looks really good! I love the selfs, where did you get them, they are perfect for holding craft supplies, I could use some in my sewing room!