Friday, July 25

Tinkering Ink Peekaboo Book-Acrylic & Chipboard Mini-Album

Today I made this Peekaboo Mini album by Tinkering Ink. Half the pages are chipboard and have windows the other pages are clear acrylic, I alternated them. I have never worked with acrylic before and it was a little challenging I must say. Trying to get one side to match the other so you do not see any adhesive from the other side, any backs of pictures etc.... But I do like how it turned out.

This may or may not be a class project, will get some customer feedback to see if there is any interest in doing this type of book. It is rather time consuming and it would have to be something where we did the general pages, rub-ons etc.. and then they could finish at home.

I used printed papers and punch die-cuts from Pink Paislee, laser die-cut paper in brown, Basic Grey Rub-ons, various ribbons, lace and brads, silk flowers, Cricut Accent Essentials cartridge for paper flowers, chalk inks, staz on ink in brown and acrylic stamps to stamp on the acrylic pieces, some bling in a peridot green color.

I used old pictures from my childhood, I still need to journal and add some notes, misplaced my brown slick writer (writes and drys on slick surfaces, like the acrylic) so it will have to wait until I find it. It is kinda hard to see which pages are the clear ones in the pictures unless you see the glares from the flash, interesting concept the clear pages. I did take pictures of what the book looked like before I started to give you an idea of point A to point B.


Thanks for looking!

If you want a better look at any of the pages you can click on that picture and a new page will come up with a larger, better photo.












div>

8 comments:

LisaMH said...

What a great book! You did a really nice job. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Looks like alot of work. LisaMH

Dawn Anoweck said...

that looks great. you are very creative.

mommyhammer said...

Wow! It is gorgeous!. Love the colors and embellies! Really cool idea for an album! TFS!

Ms_Dee said...

Wow....that is very nice....Looks like you put a lot of work into it......Great job and thanks for sharing.....BTW you have an awesome blog....

Treva said...

Nice job on the album, nice blog too. TFS

tomiannie said...

Ooh, that is just so lovely! Great job!

Michelle (mla1111) said...

Lisa this is such a great book... you did an amazing job! I am actually taking a Tinkering Ink Peekaboo album class at CKU in the fall.... I cant wait now as your book looks so great, I hope I can make mine look just as good. TFS!
~Michelle

Raye said...

Hello. This is very pretty !!!
I am trying to do good advanced planning so I don't screw up my acrylic album :) I have read that Staz On ink is the best to use but it's so expensive. Are you aware of any less expensive ink that works well?
Thank You
Sharon