Friday, May 28

Amazing Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


I am heading off to bed but wanted to share with you a recipe I got off of  AllRecipes.com for Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.  These are the BEST!  Serious YUM-OOO.  I made them last night, it made 17 muffins and they are GONE!  Tonight I was baking a cake for my husbands work this weekend and my 7 year old son came into the kitchen and was so excited because he thought I was making more muffins...to which I had to crush his little heart and tell him I was not, but I will tomorrow just for him.

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
 3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
 1 teaspoon baking soda
 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup plain yogurt (I only had a tub of Vanilla yogurt so that is what I used, YUM!)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (I had 3 old banana's so I used all 3)
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used an entire cup of course!)

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.  Yields 16 servings.

Seriously the best recipe for this type of muffins I have ever made.  I do tend to adjust cooking time by cooking a minute or two less than it says, who wants a dry muffin?  Just a warning...you cannot eat just one, and with those chips in there, why would you want too?

1 comment:

{april kennedy} said...

this sounds so yummy....i need old bananas now!

Also just wanted you to know how much I am enjoying your posting. All.The.Time!! Hope you are having fun with it too.