Sunday, May 30

Lookie What I Made...




well yes it is true I did make the girl "in" the dress so let me rephrase that, look what I made "today!"  This is the first garment I have EVER made, and I am so proud, exhausted, but thrilled with myself.  Far cry from my simple pillows and window valances.  Not sure I am 100% crazy about the flower on the bodice, I made it and then gave her the choice whether to attach or to not attach and she loved it so...it's her dress, she won! If you read this post a few hours ago and are reading this again, yes I did change the pocket, you are not seeing things LOL. One of my goals this year was to improve on my sewing skills, I just have to mention that the top and back bodice part of this dress are even lined and yes its straight, haha, she took it off and we realized after the picture part of it was tucked in her bottoms.  My back hurts from sitting in my dining room chair all day, my floor is a mess with bits of thread, pins and small pieces of fabric, the laundry it still in the hamper, and I have a full sink of dirty dishes but...such is life!

My darling daughter Ella has her promotion ceremony next week from kindergarten to first grade.  Why they feel the need to promote kindergarten in a ceremony has always been a mystery to me, but she now has a pretty new dress to wear, and it was made with love.

So as for my checklist ...
  • Cake made.
  • Garden planted (yesterday).
  • Dress made.
  • Coffee table painted.
and I still have one day to go...

here is the coffee table pics before and after, this you may have read earlier this month was purchased at a barn sale and I was having a hard time deciding to paint or not to paint...well, I did.

Before:


After: which goes much better with the decor



P.S. just wanted to add that I bought the pattern and instructional PDF download from Etsy seller googooagogo  yes I did change mine up a bit.  I only added one side pocket and added the trim to that, and I added the rosette flower on the bodice.  The pattern comes with several options to add, the apron on skirt,  ruffle below bodice, and different pocket placements...





4 comments:

{april kennedy} said...

Yay! It looks great!!

I'm painting this weekend too...picture frames!

Anonymous said...

Great job Lisa, the dress and the table both look great and your daughter looks proud to have something made by her mom. Thanks for posting it. Rachel (googooagogo)

Beach Vintage said...

Oh I have been looking for a simple pattern to make my first ever dress. Was it hard??? Any buttons or zips?? I love your result. Thanks for dropping by Beach Vintage and hope to see you again soon.

Michelle F said...

Great job again. I have a tote load of those doiley things that my step mom knitted. If you ever want more let me know I have white and cream in different sizes.